Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wyre's Strings, Katelyn Dawn EP, Auditions...

Quick update:

-I've just joined the Wyres Strings family as an endorsing artist. Thanks to Nick and the rest of the Wyres team! I did a set up using their strings on one of my student's instruments, played them, fell in love with the sound and feel of them! Started asking questions, sent some e-mails back and forth, and the rest is history...in progress! Looking forward to working with them and playing their strings on my MTD Kingston Basses, as soon as my tech is free and my shipment arrives, they're going on and tracking on my solo EP will commence!

Speaking of solo EP's Katelyn Dawn's project is either about to go to final mix and master or possibly that's being done as I type this. I heard the second set of mixes and I'm pretty impressed at what's coming your way soon! Very excited to start playing some live shows! Also, Katelyn taped a segment for a show with The Discovery Channel this past fall, so be sure to watch the Discovery Channel on April 17th at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on Discovery HD.

I'll write more on this next week, but I'm auditioning for a pretty kicking GTA Corporate band next week. Hopefully I won't overbook myself this summer (potentially two bands, possibly more...recording studio project...EP...booking/managing...and most importantly my wife and four kids)...you know how they say "it's feast or famine?" I have a feeling the drought is over...let the feasting begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment