Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New gear, new philosophy, summer stuff...

So, I FINALLY got that M-288 Bass Octave Deluxe pedal I blogged about say, 8 weeks ago now? It rocks. Really rocks! Get a great Moogerfooger like sound when using it with my MXR M-188 Bass Auto Q Pedal. Gonna be killer on funk gigs and stuff where I need to cover synth parts. I believe my pedal board is pretty much complete...

...but I'm probably going to be leaving it at home more often. WHAT???

...on some gigs, I use it like crazy. On the rock gigs though, I pretty much only use the overdrive and distortion pedals, and I can approximate that sound with my amp...and on gigs like Keys N Krates, on some of the small stages I play with them, it takes up way too much real estate. So, depending on the gig, you may not be able to hear the M-288...but...

...I am planning to (finally!) track some of my original ideas over the summer, in between the few gigs I have currently scheduled and prepping to get into Berklee (Online) for the winter or spring semester 2010. Some of the stuff will be full band, other stuff will be solo pieces, so you should hear it being (hopefully) tastefully used here and there!

Look out for GTA artist Danian , looks like I'll be doing a few shows with her over the next few months; details once the dates and bands are confirmed, but check out her tunes, and contact her for bookings. Great vocals, she's going places in my opinion!

Again, still looking for more gigs, still looking for students, so send 'em my way! Good Night!



----------------
Now playing: Brandy - Almost Doesn't Count
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment