Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gig Report

Just got in, literally, from a gig in Montreal with Keys N Krates (http://www.keysnkrates.com/), man, I haven't been to Mo-Town north since I was 11...that's way too long ago...and woosh, it was off the hook. Eli and Jesse at the Academy were awesome, and as per usual, KnK (Flo, Tune, and Matisse) put on a great show. The after party was ridiculous (in the good sense) and we made some new friends to boot that we'll look forward to hooking up with again at future shows.

I was going to put up a video blog last night, but we didn't roll into our hotel room until 6:18 this morning. The Delta Montreal is a class joint, I think it's the nicest hotel I've stayed in, on a par with Adams Mark hotels in the states. We were SUPPOSED to leave around 11:00 this morning, but after a roll in at that time, fuggedd aboud it! Flo flew from MO straight back to NY, and so it was just Matisse, Tune and I on the way back for some spirited discussion on the lovely women in our lives (or the lack thereof in one particular case), music, production, and future goals we each have as far as our musical endeavors.

It was indeed a late arrival, all my kids except for the baby were up to greet me...sounds like she's about to get up though. Some stuff happened today before I got home that I won't get into, so daddy coming home to slay the bad guy is an especially big thing this time around!

We'll get back to a bass-centric or musical blog post in the next several days. If you have any ideas on specific topics you'd like to hear my take on, post a comment!



----------------
Now playing: Rev. Groove - The Breakdown
via FoxyTunes

Until next time: The Rev. AJ Groove

No comments:

Post a Comment