Sunday, February 1, 2009

Get Rich, quick!

Yeh, right! Pay $X, get some friends to sign up, and get them to sign up friends, and watch the profits roll in...

...well, the problem is, all the people who get in on the ground floor so to speak, make all the dough. The people who come afterwards, well, the market's saturated by all the "grounders" who recruited you along with others that you could have recruited or recruited the person who recruited you; they make their money off the people who come after them...so if you don't get in early, and/or get seriously industrious in recruiting in untapped markets, you're outta luck!

Now, I'm not necessarily a fan of these schemes, pretty much they all come off as a pyramid arrangement (See above paragraph, the top of the pyramid makes dough based on the next level, and so on down the line...) But if there's an opportunity to get in on something when it starts, why not?

So, I have a Facebook account (which is how some of you may have stumbled on this blog.) My wife in her neverending quest to help me get nice bass and studio gear without impacting family finances, signed me up for a brand new Facebook App called "ChattoText." My own main reason for signing up for it is that if someone needs to get in touch with me right away for a gig or something and they don't have a cell phone to text me but they have access to the net (yeh, how likely is THAT to happen...) then they can send me an SMS message through my Facebook page using this application...so it's useful, for $6/month, nothing huge, and I'll write it off at tax time anyways and get some back.

The interesting thing though, is that for each person you recruit, they'll give you some cash back right away. This little video promo they showed gave a figure of over $7K/month...sheyaa right!

Still...this is a brand new thing...and as I said before, if you get in on the ground floor...so who knows? So I invited 5 friends (current max/day) who I think may find it useful, and who I also think wouldn't mind making a few extra bucks...tomorrow I may invite five more...I truly don't expect this to make me a millionaire, but hey! Maybe in three months I'll be sitting on my very own island in the South Pacific drinking a cooler and typing this blog using a satellite uplink...


(...knowing Ms. Groove, she'll have the referrall link up within the next day or so, check it out and leave a comment to let me know what YOU think!)

----------------
Now playing: J Moss ft. Anthony Hamilton - I'm Not Perfect
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment